Sonos IS supported!

It finally works, but I have a problem: it still plays the audio from my pc, anyone knows how to fix it?
thanks

Fix for “unable to connect”
Hey. For everyone who get the error message “unable to connect”:
-deinstall your virtualbox
-restart SWYH
-go to tools - HTTP live streaming - copy
-edit your radio station in Sonos with the new address

Love streamwhatyouhear and it’s been working for about 2 yrs with no problem. Worked fine yesterday on Windows10, but keeps crashing today. Trying to upgrade, but Trend Micro is blocking SWYH_1.4.16069.exe with a warning ref ransomewear. Can you please confirm that the exe on your site is clean?

Tested latest swyh.exe on an old laptop. Installed OK with no infection. Updated java, but app still crashes. Any ideas why? Running 64-bit Win10

Date: 28/05/2016 9:35:37 PM
Detail: System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at NAudio.CoreAudioApi.AudioClient.IsFormatSupported(AudioClientShareMode shareMode, WaveFormat desiredFormat, WaveFormatExtensible& closestMatchFormat)
   at NAudio.CoreAudioApi.WasapiCapture.InitializeCaptureDevice()
   at NAudio.CoreAudioApi.WasapiCapture.StartRecording()
   at SWYH.Audio.WasapiProvider..ctor()
   at SWYH.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at SWYH.App.Main()

SWYH is the perfect solution to my video playback needs! Recently purchased the SONOS Play:1 as my Primary Computer Sound System. By itself, SONOS is wonderful for Music! The available music sources via the SONOS controller app is worth the purchase alone, but I wanted it for my video library also.
Much to my surprise, that’s not the use that SONOS anticipated. Enter SWYH.
It’s the missing piece of the puzzle. Then, Thanks to Maik for the second piece of the puzzle of Adding a Radio Station on the SONOS Controller App.
The next piece is VLC, easily the ONLY video player that I use. Wouldn’t you know it? The Latency of the streaming signal causes a delay between the video and the sound via the SONOS. But the folks at VLC anticipated synchronization problems! From the Menu, select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Track Synchronization’. This will pop-up the ‘Adjustments and Effects’. Select the ‘Synchronization’ tab, and use the down arrow on the ‘Audio Track Synchronization’ to adjust the sound and video to your satisfaction. For me and my setup, it’s about a 3.00 second Hasten. Your results may differ.
Finally. A setup I can live with. Thanks SWYH.

Archangel

Doesn’t work, at all. I’ve tried everything in this forum. Yes i tried the specific port as well. Does anyone have a valid solution? It driving me crazy and starting to believe it simply does not work.

Current system = Brand new PC running Windows 10 with sonos playbar, sub and play one. Latest drivers and sonos app updates have all been installed.

What used to be a very useful little app has now become defunct for me, I have wasted a great deal of time trying all the various fixes, alas nothing works. Does anyone know of any viable alternatives I can try?

Does the bit rate effect the delay of the song/sound
coming through to a Sonos?
If it is, How do we increase the bit rate? Or is it computer related?

@ Darcy
SWYH or rather the used audio capture “device” WASAPI has little to none delay at all.
Blame Sonos for their way to decode mp3 frames when live streaming (http chuncked - most likely they use FFmpeg which wastes about 10 secs to get the mime type of the stream zZzzzZZZz). If you want a lower delay stream in wav / lpcm.

Just a note:
As long as you stream in mp3 a lot of devices will have about 10 secs of delay. Doesn’t matter if the sender is e.g. an Android device streaming via AirAudio or Allstream etc. and the receiver a Sonos box or Kodi or whatever.
You can check via a second PC and playing the live stream with vlc / windows media player: http://ipaddress:port/swyh/swyh.mp3. No delay at all…

@Slash Thanks for the feedback, i’ll defiantly check it out.

Hi,
I’m trying to get this going but I am struggling with the lag. I have opened up VLC and tried setting the audio track syncronization to various amounts but cannot seem to get it to work.

Can anyone please show a few screenshots of their setup?

I would really appreciate it.

Imarku Professional 8 Inch Chef’s Knife for all of your reasonsThe Imarku 8-inch knife is designed for professionals who include chefs, culinary experts,cheap imarku professional 8 inch chef’s knife

Question related Fix for “unable to connect” @ Julien: You recommended -deinstall your virtualbox

Do you mean “Oracle VM VirtualBox”? This software is indeed running on my Laptop with Win 8.1 and I always get the above mentionend error message from Sonos software (for Play 1). I tried most recommendations on SWHY configuration given in this forum, but nothing helped. I took me a long time to configure VirtualBox, so I want to be sure that this has solved the problem on other computer. And what happend when you reinstalled VirtualBox later? Does the error return?

Problem solved for “unable to connect”:

SWHY and Virtualbox were not the problem. Firewall of Win 8.1 was the reason for the error message of Sonos. SWYH was listed as an accepted app, but only for “private” not for “public”. After allowing SWHY in the Firewall also as public, Sonos was playing the “new Radio station” of SWHY.

Only one smaller problem remains: Muting the laptop speaker is also muting Sonos. Therefore I have to use earphones on laptop that mutes the speaker.

I’ve followed setup steps closely and opened firewall for SMYH on my Windows PC. I can select Sonos speakers, but it gives the error “Unable to play ‘smyh.mp3’ - the song is not encoded correctly.” It doesn’t matter what encoding settings I select.

I’m running SMYH 1.4, latest version of Windows 10 and Sonos 6.4 with Bridge, Play 3 and Play 1.

Any ideas on how to fix this error?

I have been looking for a solution to allow any audio on my PC to be delivered across my Sonos… Sonos seem very unresponsive!
I tried a couple of other streamers, but so far SWYH seems simplest… I had some issues setting up… needed to select the specific port option… It now works if I add the stream as a Sonos Radio Station… (but will not work if I try and start the stream from SWYH… I just get the “Unable to play ‘smyh.mp3’ – the song is not encoded correctly.” message)…
But starting the stream from within Sonos works fine every time so far…
Sonos should get behind this!.. it allows anything that can be rendered to a PC to be played cleanly on Sonos… listen again, podcasts etc.

Excellent product, thanks. Try and sell it to Sonos to embed in their client. G.

Thanks it works and it is very simple to use

If it’s not working for you this helped me - open windows explorer - click on network - you should see your Sonos speakers there. If you see nothing, there will probably be a bar at the top that says “turn on network sharing and discovery” or something like that. Click that to enable Network Discovery. Once you see your Sonos speakers appear, if you’ve done the three steps above, just start the radio station and it should work!

It was Windows Firewall blocking swyh for me.
To get round this (Win10):

• Open Control Panel\System & Security\Windows Firewall
  • Click “Allow an app through WF”
  • Click change settings
  • Find stream what you hear and tick the “public box” and the box on the left hand side
  • Click OK

That was after having fixed ports etc as has been alluded to earlier

i love you.