Sonos IS supported!

The best answer. It’s working. Thank you.

i have just chance to swyh which i am interested, i want to stream to a radio station how do i it , ie http:// then which ip should i put there?

UPVOTE THIS. SPENT LIKE AN HOUR TRYING TO WORK THIS OUT. Despite clicking allow during set up, I had to also manually go in to control panel and allow it access again. I’ve got about a 3 second delay. The sound quality is reasonable. Quite happy with the outcome, but I am very disappointed with my purchase of a Sonos 1 in 2019 that they are so arrogant to think people would buy their product if it doesn’t do something simple like connect to a f***ing PC. I even bought a f***ing bluetooth USB connector thinking that the functionality would be included with sonos including a bluetooth feature. I researched this purchase, like i do all purchases, heavily. So many idiots online led me up the garden path making me think windows could output sound to sonos with the sonos download, but ONLY FOR STREAMING.

you need to open the windows explorer I don’t use a computer, I am using a laptop

yeah that right, I get this from dubaimachines.com

Thanks! This was my issue!

All though the error message wasn’t always “unable to connect”

Sometimes it was “connection lost”

And sometimes it just didn’t give me an error message, just tried to connect and then wasn’t able to.

The firewall (BTW, its in the Inbound rules on Windows) fixed the issue!

Thansk again

Delayed response, but try your firewall rules.

Someone else mentioned it. you need to allow Stream what you hear in the Inbound rules.

They won’t.

Sonos doesn’t allow music from computers because of contract copyright agreements. All of the sources you see within the Sonos app are because they have contracts to allow them.

It’s judged that Youtube and any other source has way to much copyright infringement and therefor Sonos won’t touch it.

Besides that, as for the delay? Yah, thats also going to be an issue if you tried using it for movies etc. Sonos isn’t listening to the sound from your computer directly. You’re creating a stream that it then loads on it’s own… and others have mentioned it handles streaming differently then computers or other devices.

Sonos being able to do native computer audio IS possible via making them be real WIFI speakers and adding the ability to the Sonos app… but again, they ain’t gonna do it for copyright issues.

Sonos probably makes a pretty penny from these companies that they contract with.