Windows10

I’ve downloaded SWYH & after a bit of fiddling with settings etc now streaming Spotify to my Cyrus Xa - brilliant, thank you!!

I’m currently on Windows7 but contemplating the free Windows10 upgrade (if only to benefit from Microsoft actually providing something FOC!!), with the obvious question being…will SWYH run on Windows10???

yeah, i cant seem to get swyh working on win10
any hacks?

I didn’t experience any problems while updating to windows 10. Maybe just try to run the program in admin-mode? Or just reinstall? Or maybe you just made a little stupid mistake in the setup like putting the stereo in the wrong input?

I’m trying to use it on wondows 10 but I cant make any sound playing on my devices. I never used before on the other windows version so I don’t know if it’s Windows 10 or something else that going wrong. So it’s working for you Kou?

Try the following:
Right click on the program file and select the “solving of compatibility problems” command. Accept the automatic modifications of Windows. I have got back the sound this way (Win7 Ultimate -> Win10 Pro).

Hi There,

I cannot install SWYH on my just updated windows 10 machine.
It crashes at first start.

in the crash report this is reported (I have no clue…). I pasted the text hereunder.

Anybody an Idea?

thanks,

Luke

Date: 16-8-2015 18:06:25
Message: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Detail: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
bij NAudio.CoreAudioApi.AudioClient.IsFormatSupported(AudioClientShareMode shareMode, WaveFormat desiredFormat, WaveFormatExtensible& closestMatchFormat)
bij NAudio.CoreAudioApi.WasapiCapture.InitializeCaptureDevice()
bij NAudio.CoreAudioApi.WasapiCapture.StartRecording()
bij SWYH.Audio.WasapiProvider…ctor()
bij SWYH.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Application.<_ctor>b__0(Object unused)
bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
bij System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
bij System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bij System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bij MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bij MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bij MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
bij MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
bij System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
bij System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
bij System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
bij SWYH.App.Main()

Date: 16-8-2015 18:06:47
Message: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Detail: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
bij NAudio.CoreAudioApi.AudioClient.IsFormatSupported(AudioClientShareMode shareMode, WaveFormat desiredFormat, WaveFormatExtensible& closestMatchFormat)
bij System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bij MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bij MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
bij SWYH.App.Main()

Date: 16-8-2015 18:08:28
bij SWYH.App.Main()

Hi guys,

I installed the program , selected the device from the list , but this does not play .
The HTTP streaming works.
Any idea?
Thank you

This works on Windows 10 like a charm!
It took me a while to get things right, though.

• make sure you use a specific port. The suggested port 5901 works fine for me.
  • right click on the .exe an solve any compatibility issues (for me: none)
  • run the program as administrator (this was the golden tip).

Streams perfectly to the sonos controller.

Ver 1.4 works perfectly on my win 10 laptop and sony srs-x7 speaker. Thanks for your work.

I’m on Windows 10 Pro and it works.

I did however format the PC and did a clean install of Windows 10 after i upgraded.

Upgraded to Windows 10 on day one of public release. All my sound drivers were blown up by the experience, but over the last month MS have released various fixes which have solved most of the problems, but I’m still having continuing problems with some usb sound devices. I’m currently listening to Spotify Premium streaming to my SoundMate M1 connect to my amp/speakers setup. Usual 3+ seconds delay, but great quality even at window-shaking levels. MS appear to be working hard on the sound SNAFU with Windows 10, but it obviously wasn’t as ready to go as other parts of the upgrade. I have manually checked for updated sound drivers for all my audio devices (I have several all doing different tasks) and this looks like it was worth the effort.

Add: Should have said Windows 10 home build 10240…

Hi everyone,

I think that you need to install the Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Best,

Looked too good to be true.
But no way to get a single beep out of win10 x64, no matter if using compatability modes, admin rights.

Problem is you don’t get a log what’s happening.
SWYH is seen when using AudioNET-RCP being the uPNP control point.
But it simply remains invisible to whatever used on a raspberry let it be volumio, runaaudio, dietpi and more.
Which makes the whole lot pretty useless especially since there’s not much option on how to track what’s wrong with it.

googleing again … perhaps there’s a working solution somewhere out in internet land, won’t mind if commercial or not, since what counts is a get it, install it, run it … not spending hours of a limited humans life to get something going.

I tried all the updates specified above and installed / reinstalled / uninstalled the program several times. I am still unable to start the program. I am on WIN 10 PRO.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hello,
I lost the sound around the beggining of 2018 so it had to be some windows update. Just before the sound lost it started being flat, no low tones.

I. First I restored the swyh playback with (don’t know which of them actually fixed the problem but simple re-installation of swyh did not help):

• remove swyh
  • in control panel network tab switching network to private from public
  • in bluetooth and other devices - remove remembered remote devices (the same dlna renderer device was listed twice here)
  • in audio settings disable all enchancements and surround sound
  • in audio settings advanced set 16-bit stereo 48kHz
  • reinstall swyh
  • run swyh as normal user
  • configure swyh settings to 16-bot stereo 48kHz
    After above I got the sound from swyh, however with terrible quality.

II. To fix the sound quality I did what proposed in this forum (top of the 2nd page by TDubbs):
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/poor-sound-quality-windows-10-64bit.1548/page-2
Quoted here:

1.right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner
2. Select “Troubleshoot”
3. Select speakers
4. Then it will run test sounds; afterwards, select “Bad. Reinstall driver”
5. It will then run the test again; afterwards, select “Bad. Install Microsoft HD driver”

Thus I switched from connexant driver to HD audio driver.

These restored swyh playback and normal sound quality as before some updates.