How to Download Spotify Playlist to Mac

If you find a particularly enjoyable playlist on Spotify and have been listening to it every day, you might want to download all songs to your Windows or Mac computer and then stream them offline or transfer them to other devices. However, no matter for Spotify Premium or Spotify Free users, they are rejected to download Spotify playlists to a local drive due to the encryption tech. But not to worry yet, as we will show you an easy guide to download Spotify playlists to Mac using AudiCable Spotify Recorder . Look into it right away!

Part 1. Tool Required: AudiCable Spotify Music Recorder

To download Spotify playlists to Mac, you need to find a professional Spotify Music Downloader to help you out. AudiCable Spotify Music Recorder is exactly the tool for you.

Best AudiCable Spotify Music Downloader(Mac / Win)

• Download music from Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal, Line Music, Deezer, YouTube Music, Pandora, SoundCloud and other music sources.
  • Save music to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC.
  • Keep the original audio quality.
  • Download songs with ID3 tags.
  • Handy tools: Audio Editor / Tag Editor.
  • Support Spotify Free and Premium accounts.

Part 2. Tutorial on Downloading Spotify Playlist to Mac

Step 1: Download and Launch AudiCable on Your Mac

For the first, please make sure you have installed AudiCable on your Mac, then launch the program. On the main interface of AudiCable Recorder, choose the “Spotify” icon. Then you’re required to log in your account.

Note: Mac version and Windows version are different, please download the correct version according to your computer.

Step 2: Customize the Output Parameters for Your Spotify Playlists

Click on the “Output Settings” icon, then the audio setting window will pop up. Here are various output formats such as MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and ALAC. You are allowed to customize the output parameters you like. Later close the pop-up window to apply the changes.

Step 3: Begin Downloading Spotify Playlists

To activate AudiCable, select your favorite playlist to play. The recording process then kicks off simultaneously. All recorded Spotify songs are saved in the format you set before.

Note: Please keep a stable network connection when you record songs from Spotify. And you can stop playing the song to end the recording anytime. If you want to mute the sound and just download Spotify music in the background, you can go to the upper right, and tap the “sound” icon to switch to mute.

Step 4: Get the Downloaded Spotify Playlist on Your Mac

After recording, click the “Recorded” tap and then the “folder icon”. Here you will get the downloaded Spotify songs and playlist on your Mac with lossless quality kept. Of course, you’re allowed to move the downloaded playlist to other devices.

Part 3. Extra Tips about Spotify Playlists

A playlist is a collection of tracks. On Spotify, you can create your own playlists or find any random one made by artists and other listeners around the world. But how to turn My Liked Songs into a playlist and how to listen to a playlist’s radio to find new tracks? The following are two extra tips regarding Spotify playlists.

Turn My Liked Songs Into a Playlist

Step 1: Click “Liked Songs” on the left-hand pane. On a PC, hold down Ctrl and A or on a Mac, Cmd and A to select all songs in the list.

Click Spotify Liked Songs

Step 2: Click “Add to playlist” or add to an existing one. The playlist has now been created. Rename it by right clicking on it and clicking Rename.

Add Playlist

Listen to a Playlist’s Radio to Find New Tracks

To get to your playlist’s radio in the desktop app, go to the left pane, right-click the playlist name, and select “Go to Playlist Radio”. Then, choose Play to start playing the radio. You also have the option to select More (three dots) to go to the radio playlist or add all tracks to a playlist.

Find New Tracks

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!
Instead I used AudFree Spotify Downloader to download Spotify playlists to MP3/FLAC/WAV/AAC, etc. on my Mac. :wink:
Work like a charm! It makes things easier! Straightforward!
Very easy to use even for me not tech-savvy!

To download Spotify music free on your Mac, it’s easier and more direct to use the Spotify playlist downloader. The tool supports Mac computers and can get Spotify playlists downloaded as local files on the drive. Moreover, you can do it while you’re a Spotify Free user. Simply drop the Spotify songs and you can convert them to MP3, WAV, M4A and other formats.

TuneCable Spotify Music Downloader helps both Spotify Premium members and free users to download any playable tracks from Spotify, including Spotify songs, playlists, podcasts and radios to Mac computer. TuneCable can download Spotify Music to MP3 or other formats on Mac.

Key Features of TuneCable Spotify Music Downloader:

Download Spotify Music with the original audio quality kept
Convert Spotify Music to MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC/AIFF/ALAC
Remain the ID3 Tags information of tracks after conversion
Permanently save Spotify Music for offline listening
Enjoy free updates & technical support

Step 1: Install and launch TuneCable Spotify Music Downloader on your Mac
Step 2: Spotify Music will be opened automatically while you launched TuneCable. To add music for conversion, please simply drag and drop certain tracks/playlists/albums from Spotify to TuneCable directly. When TuneCable finishes analyzing your links, click ‘OK’ to confirm your selection.
Step 3: Click the set parameter(Setting) icon from the menu bar to customize output settings.
Step 4: And now, you can click on ‘Convert’ to download music from Spotify to Mac.

Step 5: When finished, navigate to the ‘Converted’ module to view downloaded Spotify history.
Step 6: To check the local file on your Mac computer, click the open output folder icon of each song to open the output folder. As you can see in the screenshot, Spotify songs have been successfully downloaded on your Mac. Now you are able to play these songs freely on your Mac without any restriction!
add-tidal-music-to-adobe-premiere

try using musconvtool for playlist app.

Thanks for sharing!
Instead, i use ViWizard Music Converter for downloading spotify playlist to Mac. It is awesome! It can not only can help you download music from Spotify to MP3 then export them to your Mac, but also transfer Spotify songs to other device or player like Sony Walkman, SanDisk MP3 Player, Windows Media Player and more. I can enjoy my Tidal tracks free. Good tool thai i’d like to post here for sharing.

Here are some quick fixes to download Spotify playlist to MP3. If you want to download a favourite playlist to your MAC, AudBite Spotify Music Converter can help you do that with ease. No need for a Spotify Premium account. No device requirement. You will get this done within minutes.