SWYH worked fine than started crashing on startup

Love the software. Installed it a week ago and worked fine, than after about 1 hour it crashed and now won’t start anymore.

Here is the error.log, I tried running it as admin and in compatibility mode but nothing.

Date: 1/29/2014 8:18:28 PM

Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

Detail: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)

at SWYH.App.<>c__DisplayClass19.<RendererAddedSink>b__18()

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)

at SWYH.App.Main()

I just encountered a similiar problem, which fixed at least the crashing problem.

Check, wether you have selected the right bitrate within the advanced settings menu for your “Speaker properties”.

It seems like it cannot be above 48000 Hz and 16 bit.

I tried that but didn’t help. I noticed that it runs while my Smart TV is off. When it is on the program crashes. I think it might be a code bug in compiling the list of devices or something :frowning:

Have the same error. I confirm, it crashes only when Samsung Smart TV is on. My system is Windows 8.1

Please, fix that.

I agree on the previous two posts (Win7): Starting SWYH with my SmartTV turned off works perfectly fine. Turning the Samsung SmartTV on crashes the application.

Sidenote: initially, I thought it would crash due to the fact that I raised the bitrate from 192 to 256. Actually after re-installing (and with a config file saying 192bit) the rate shown in the app was still 256.

I have the same error!

It worked for 5 days then started to crash, reinstalled it but still craches.

I’m using it on Windows 7, Spanish.

I’m getting the negative index error.

Thanks

Interesting, now that I installed the pending Windows 7 automatic updates it’s working again!

Yep, same for me. With the Samsung Smart TV turned on, the software crashes with the same logged error message. I am running Windows 8.1

same for me with a DLNA music receiver. If it’s off, swyh starts with no issue. But if the device is on, swyh crashes.

thanks for your work anyway

Same problem here. With Samsung TV turned on the SWYH crashes upon the start. Please look at it. The error isn’t even logged logfile

Same problem here. SWYH crashes when Samsung TV is turned on and the error is not logged in log file :frowning:

Similar problem here. It works unless there is a DLNA renderer on the network, in which case it immediately exits. I get no error.log. Windows 8.1.

Ok, looks like my problem was that SWYH crashes after changing the settings to stream in PCM, and will crash on repeated attempts to run it until I reboot my PC.

I would post an error.log but I don’t seem to get one, or it goes somewhere other than C:\Program Files (x86)\Stream What You Hear.

Same here, crashes with samsung tv turned on. If tv off, it picks up my app fine (denon) and works.

I encounter the same problem described in the first post with an DLNA dongle. If it is turned on when I start Stream What You Hear is crashes on startup, if it is turned of the program starts. But as soon as I turn the DLNA dongle on the program crashes.

Will there be a fix for this problem or do I need to buy another DNLA receiver :wink:

(Win7 x64, “WeShare Music” DLNA dongle with 30 pin iPod connector)

Same issue here - stream works fine (to Denon Reciever), but as soon as Samsung TV turns on (and seems also, that it does sometimes it on the background - ie. the network module activates), the SWYH crashes.

Same problem: error: index was out of range. Tried 16 bits sound, tried W7 and tried W8.1 but nothing seems to help.
Can anybody help me?