Streaming to Sony BDP-750S

I’m trying to stream to my blue ray player. The player can see the “stream what you hear” and I can select music, but it says “There is no playable file”

I’m trying to stream Sirius internet radio to my home theater system.

Any hope?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the double post. The model is actually a Sony BDP-S570 if that makes any difference.

(Electronics) This isn’t a super in depth review, but will give you more info that most will in a fraliy brief summary: First off, I am a Sony TV guy who bought TWO Panasonic Blu-Ray players last year due to their seeming superiority(reviews, pro and online stores).First step for any modern electronic device, update your firmware. My initial update took over 5 minutes. I also recommend registering at internet.sony.tv as in the past some Sony products won’t connect to certain services until you do. I connected to AmazonVideo on Demand and Netflix, BEFORE I registered it, so they may have responded to complaints and dropped the requirement, but incase there is a service that require it get it out of the way, it only takes a minute if you have a Sony account alreadyNetflix app(they upgraded! Sony fans rejoice!): One glaring fault with (past/pre-2012?) Sony visual products is their Netflix app, as for years Sony decided to have a proprietary interface, and if you have researched it, a LOT of people had Netflix streaming issues. I guess Sony finally took note, as the new interface is like a across between the Wii interface and the Panasonic interface, as in it looks like you avgerage Netflix app now. I watched the Norwegian film TrollHunters, and it took about 15-20 seconds to load the movie, 10 seconds for the Netflix stream to stabilize to the bandwidth( this is mostly on Netflix’s end I believe), with the unit 10 feet from my router. For the entire movie, it never reloaded or refreshed, or froze, and was in 1080 with 5.1 sound. I also paused the movie and rewound several times with no reload or delay. Truly the smoothest Netflix experience I have had yet on any of my devices. If your getting the S590 I assume this will be important to you. And yes, it has a dedicated Netflix button, and the app loads faster than my Wii or Panasonic Blu Ray players, and my Sony TV’s, so I assume they have fixed it, but I haven’t done a lot of viewing yet.Blu Ray performance: Another reviewer said it won’t play Disney movies, but I didn’t have a problem, more later. First I put in the Star Trek (2009) Blu Ray, which has great visual beginning. I didn’t have any performance issues that I could tell, and the menus are VERY fast and responsive, almost to a fault as there was a bit of shutter on the pop up menu, but unless you watch the movie with the pop up constantly going up and down I don’t see this as a big issue. It was roughly 30 seconds from hitting the eject button to close the tray to the Paramount intro screen going, not bad.I then tried a 3D Disney Blu Ray (Tangeled, a true Disney made film), as one reviewer had said Disney BR does not work. Seeing as how this player is VERY new( a few weeks to a month on market), My guess is there was a firmware issue, disc issue, or user issue. That said, Tangeled played flawlessly in 3D as I skipped around chapters trying to cause an issue, but it all worked great.Also, this player, in my opinion, works very fast when skipping chapters or loading a scene from menu, where some playera seem to pause or lag. It was also quick to fast foward and rewind , with little to no pause when hitting the button. A noticeable leap over my 2011 model panasonic bdt-220.Network set-up:As usual for modern Sony products, if you have a WPS router, took roughly 2 minutes, from the time I started the set up on the TV, walked to my router in the next room and hit the WPS button, and then walked backed to tell the TV to begin connecting.The Media Remote app for Android worked very well, but you must first go to the settings menu on the TV and scroll down to the Media remote section, and register (aka activate, a button push) the feature(an unnecessary step IMO but I guess they are worried about people with an unprotected router have their TV taken over by pranksters?).Now some people are complaining about build quality. It’s true it doesn’t feel as sturdy at the Panasonic Players I bought last year, but is by no means flimsy. Unless you are planning on dropping it regularly, or letting your dog chew on it, I don’t see a problem with this. It does look nice, with a brushed metal look on the case. A with seemlingly EVERY Blu Ray player, it does not come with an HDMI(which baffles me, it isnt expensive to make a high quality HDMI cable, don’t get fooled by the HDMI cable prices).

Steve, there is absolutely no resoan a customer should not be able to reach their service provider NONE. There was more than sufficient cause on my part and more than sufficient time on their part to make the smallest of gestures. Like say an email, phone call, letter, fax, a credit on the bill even though it was never requested etc…I am tickled pink that your personal service experience has gone great. So was mine for years, but it is evident in Netflix is pissing off their customers. Since I have started paying more attention to what is going on I realize others have also cancelled membership within a similar time frame. If Netflix wants to publish their up to date customer records we can lay this useless relatavistic argument to rest. Until then I will continue to point out the painful truth. Netflix has little to know customer service and cleary could care less. If I were you I would apply to be the company spin doctor for Netflix. Of course that assumes you do not already have it. Blockbuster is #1 captalizing on the strengths of Netflix while avoiding the weekness.

I am tickled pink that your personal service experience has gone great. So was mine for years, but it is evident in Netflix is pissing off their customers. Since I have started paying more attention to what is going You can get Free netflix account very easily use that instead.