Sound Quality

Hi!

First I want to congratulate to a well thought out and working application :slight_smile:

I use SWYH to steam from my laptop to my Onkyo TX-NR515 reciver and it work as a charm.

There is one small annoynce thou. The sound come out rather flat, I guess the best way to describe how it sound is to say it sounds like how music sounds on a regular laptop or smartphone, if that make sense. A another way to describe it is that it sounds highly compressed. The lower register is cut out and the soundsignal is rather week which means i have to crank up the volume several notches. Is there a way form me to improve the soundquality?

I have exprimented with equlizers both on the integrated soundcard and in winamp, winamps equlizer is the only one to give some effect but even though I give the base some boost but it still sounds kinda flat. I’m was wondering if a built in equlizer in SWYH or capturing in a even higher bitrate could do more of a difference?

I have no soundproblems when I play music trough DLNA or the reciveers built in spotify, the sound comes out full and consderly louder.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance //4rk4d00

(And sorry for my mediocre englishspelling, I guess I should studied harder at school :wink:

Just mentioned that HTTP streaming is MP3-only. Please enhance it to lossless formats (PCM or FLAC)

Anyway, your app is awesome.

Не понял, всмысле не оставляются и почему? этот же оставился. Почта если что morzan123 собака yaednx.ru, буду рад любой информации.

By :RE: hahaha pfft just give me a fuitnaon pen full of ink and the US budget.1) Dirty Renter to the JCOS Exactly why is our defense spending greater than the next 15 countries combined? Hmmm perhaps a balanced budget with no debt would protect our nation better than that new super-duper-ray-gun?2) All entitlements and federal pensions will be cut 20% until the federal debt is erased and the current budget is balanced. Yep, we’re talking Pay-Go minus 20%. I lost 5 businesses in New Orleans in the fall of 2005 and ate mac & cheese for 3 years. As far as Medicare & Medicaid, I receive hate mail when I make my views publically known.3) POTUS, SCOTUS, Senate & House salaries and bennies cut 50%.4) All federal employee salaries and bennies cut 20%.Do you need more, Pfft? I have lots more.IT’S THE NEW NORMAL.VOTE FOR ME.Dirty Rentersorry about your businesses. that’s tough. your plans thought means the loss of jobs, GDP and we’ll get an austerity spiral. that means when you cut government spending you’ll get slower growth. that means less tax revenue which means more cuts and even lesser tax revenue. the austerity spiral accomplishes the exact opposite of it’s intent. that is probably what you want though. starve the beast. All entitlements and federal pensions will be cut 20% until the federal debt is erased and the current budget is balanced. I bet you were on of those 200 years of contract law! people when GM was going into bankruptcy. Rate this comment: 0 0

The same here. I use a HP-Envy15 with beats-audio and when I set all equalizers and output preferences to not touch the signal, it sounds flat and there is also bass missing totally. Tried it with an mp3 and compared it to playing the mp3 directly on my Onkyo and it seems the compressing kicks quite some frequencies.

Any solution?

I have this problem solved in a “stupid” way… CONNECT HEADPHONES!

Couldn’t sleep for the same reason, tried thousand of solutions an then I ran swyh with… headphones connected. It worked brilliant!! It is Windows that changes your sound characteristic to play via laptop’s speakers. Connect headphones or anything into aux/phones connector and you will come across high quality sounds via DLNA. And finally I can hear spotify in a good quality. I think every windows 10 is affected. Couldn’t find any settings that would avoid changing of sound when played on internal speakers.

Now - looking for somebody to find how to cheat windows that headphones are connected.

I found that the sound streamed via SWYH using http from my Windows PC to my CC Wifi Reciva-based internet radio was very poor but streaming it to vlc (also free software) running on the same PC and then streaming from vlc to the radio fixed it. Modify these instructions appropriately for your device:
http://iradioforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1945.msg17669#msg17669

Check to see if you have 3rd party software acting as an equalizer, this might be messing up the sound (and changing it when you have headphones connected). My Acer laptop came pre-installed with a Dolby Audio “virtual surround sound” equalizer which has a profile for playing sounds out of my laptop speakers. When I turned this off my streaming quality greatly improved.

Awesome product!

As Piotr points out connecting headphones is a valid solution because windows is degrading the sound quality to deliver to your laptop speakers. But you can instruct windows to not degrading the sound quality even when you have no headphone connected. See: http://superuser.com/questions/695674/how-to-disable-auto-leveling-of-sound

Империя интерьера дверь

интерьерный скетчинг

Want to listen to music with high sounnd quality? If so, I know a tool that can help you. It is Sound Capture Windows, which can grab audios from many sources, like Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube video, etc. with high quality. Then you can save the audios to your computer and transfer them to your portable devices for playback.

I really want to share that app Spotify music converter with you. Really great and charming! Via that, I download and record any of my favorite tracks on Spotify. What’s more, it helps you to convert Spotify music to mp3, and then I could listen to them on any device.

To improve sound quality, you can try Joyoshare Media Cutter if you don’t mind using a third-party audio & video editor. It comes with an encoding mode, supporting customizing any audio and video quality, codec, bitrate, etc.

Maybe it’s because you’re streaming Spotify online? I’d recommend you to convert Spotify to mp3 with TunesKit Spotify Music Converter and then play them offline on your speaker which can avoid the disturbance from the internet.

On Spotify, it offers different streaming audio quality according to the subscriptions and network condition. But here is a way for you to get higher audio quality of Spotify music. You can use the DRmare Spotify Converter to help you download and convert Spotify songs with high audio quality. You can modify the bit rate, sample rate, etc. according to your needs.

This tool is quite similar to my AudKit Spotify Music Converter for Windows. It keeps the original ID3 tags and other metadata after conversion. But I haven’t found that the sound quality gets higher. I will check and test the converted files later. Thanks for your tips.

The sound quality of Spotify is limited while streaming, and the highest one is up to approximately 320kbit/s with premium. Maybe for a receiver, it’s not enough. You can use the AudFun Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify with lossless quality cause it lets you customize the output bitrate to enhance the music. Once you download Spotify music without premium offline, you can play Spotify not only on the receiver but on other devices. It will be better than before.

To improve Amazon Music quality, you may try TunesMake Amazon Music Downloader. It can allow users to adjust the parameters of the audio to improve the sound quality. With this tool, you can free your Amazon playlists.

I wanna say, really good music can be recorded only in professional record studios. However, sometimes it is very difficult to enroll in such a studio. The last studio, which I visited, used a special web application created for them by Owlab (https://owlab.group/services/web-development). You can choose the time you need without undue difficulty. It is very convenient.