Program exits when accessed

Installed some weeks ago and worked perfectly under Windows 7.

Now I start the programme, icon appears on task bar inviitng right click etc.

Icon then joins “hidden icons”

Touch the icon with the mouse and the program exits.

I have no idea what to do next.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Same issue here, I fetched the logs from Windows:

Anwendung: SWYH.exe

Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319

Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund eines Ausnahmefehlers beendet.

Ausnahmeinformationen: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Stapel:

bei SWYH.Audio.Mp3.LHV1…ctor(SWYH.Audio.Mp3.WaveFormat, UInt32)

bei SWYH.Audio.WasapiProvider…ctor()

bei SWYH.App.Application_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)

bei System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)

bei System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)

bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

bei MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

bei MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()

bei System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

bei System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

bei System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

bei SWYH.App.Main()

Same thing here… was working flawlessly the first few months.

same Problem here, win8.1 with latest update. it Shows the ircon in the tray, but when I want to hover over it, it disappears :frowning:

So cant use it at all

Hi there,

same issue in my expericence as well: Pure new instalation of SWYH. Tray icon disappears when click on it.

What a pitty…

Windows 7 same problem.

Do you have any DLNA-capable device on the network? In my case, I have a DLNA-capable smart TV and whenever it’s connected to my network the program crashes. If TV is off then everything works fine.

Same here =( It worked just fine, and then all of a sudden it just exits the programm when right clicking on the system tray icon… Please can someone tell me if there is a fix? If not is the original programmer working on it.

I got win 7 btw.

I fixed my problem!

I will tell you what fixed it in my case. I left my USB headset plugged in my computer. This made windows switch from my internal sound device (realtek) to my USB headset. Thus SWYH couldn’t initialize the ‘default’ sound device settings on windows! =)

Glad I got it solved and I hope I help someone with this same problem with this information.

BTW Great programm!! Thanks for making it and make it accessible with donations! =)

I’ve found that “Stream What You Hear 1.3” is not compatible with default audio device that is diferent from stereo, I have a 5.1 configuration here, and when I set it to stereo on Windows “manage audio devices” (in control panel) and try to start SWYH, it works flawlessly. Hope they fix that bug soon.

Hello everyone,
I am preparing a new version (1.4) of SWYH as soon as possible.
I noted this problem. I hope to fix this bug for 1.4.
Sincerely,

Hi Sébastien,

Thanks loads m8! Again thanks for making this wonderfull tool for us all! I am very gratefull!

Cheers,

Sebastiaan

Please try to look at the ,When X is turned on SWYH crashes…" problem in the next release. Still the most convenient streaming app out there (if there’s no problematic renderer on network :wink: )

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone came up with a fix for this? I’m running Windows 8.1, opens up, and then disappears from the start bar.

Thanks

Running on Win7 64bit I have the same problem. Opening the program works, if the sink (Samsung Bluray Player) is switched off. If it turn it on the program crashes with a ArgumentOutOfRangeException due to the error.log. It shouldn’t be hard to fix an error like that. Will this be fixed in the next release?

Sadly it seems the author has abandoned the program. This major bug seems widespread, not exactly new, and as you correctly said, it should be easy to fix. The fact that it hasn’t been fixed long ago definitely bodes ill…