Issue with streamwhatyouhear on a Roberts Stream 205 Radio

I got given a Roberts Stream 205 radio for my birthday and it does seem a very good product.

I want to implement a wireless stream of audio from my laptop (not all my audio is via mediaplayer) i.e. a wireless phono lead. I was excited when I came across this software as it seemed to offer just that.

It so nearly works in that the radio sees the stream, it also manages to play a second of audio before the radio soft restarts completely. This to me suggests a bug with the radios handling of the stream.

I’ve just tried emailing Roberts and asked for their advice, I’ve offered to act as an in-between if streamwhatyouhear needs to be modified to make it work with the radio. Also I cant find a way to specify a http stream on the radio so can’t try that way.

Has anyone actually got this software working with a Stream 205 radio if so what were the tricks?

Many thanks,

Chris Dunne

I’ve just read other posts and tried ‘push’ mode, the radio is detected and when selecting it the radio switches to ‘DMR’ and displays a URL for the MP3 stream along with ‘playback buffer’ then a blank rectangle. The audio is still not heard, I’ve opened the volume mixer and the level bar is detecting audio is going to the streamwhatyouhear ‘card’

Thanks

Chris

It doesn’t seem from the other posts that this project is currently active is this the case? Anyway, I persevered and did get it to play (via the ‘push’ mode) for about 1 minute. This proves it is so nearly there which is annoying. Unless I hear back soon I’ll have to investigate other alternatives but it looks like you need to pay for them unless anyone can recommend free software that works.

How does one go about starting their own radio sttoian? Are there laws or restrictions or some kind of form I should know about or fill out? Does anyone know any websites or reliable sources of information that can accurately answer these questions? The radio sttoian would be small, of course, and would play a variety of music, have a few talk shows, and it would be (at first) voluntary, until enough money can be raised to pay people. Local bands and businesses could adverstise as well. Main target: teenagers, high schoolers, recent high school graduates.If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!

It’s illegal for you to doalnowd the show even if you pay for the daily show, there was a case not too long ago where a person doalnowded some music, they owned a copy of the album but didn’t know how to rip it, so they just doalnowded a copy. They were found guilty despite the fact they could show they owned a copy of the album before they doalnowded the music. Had they rip the music themselves they wouldn’t have had a problem.Morally you’re on safe ground, you are paying to hear the show and they are getting their money and you get to hear the show. No problem.