Huge CUP load on

First of all thanks for this great piece of software. This is exactly what I was looking for. :slight_smile:

There is just one thing I’ve notices. When SWYH is active it causes 90% CPU load on all of my 4 CPU cores.

Is this technical mandatory or is there something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Matthias

Oh dear! Sorry for the typos in the heading…

In addition I’m facing memory leaks of about 1 MB per minute. Currently the process allocates ~240MB (growing).

Let’s see what happens when paging comes up… :smiley:

After a little bit of investigation it seems that the application opens a huge number of udp sockets, but never closes them. After streaming about 10 minutes I have already about 100 open UDP ports. It seems possible that this is responsible for the memory leak and thus the growing cpu load.

I am having the same problem, the CPU load is around 75% in my laptop.

Not only that, but every time I open a browser tab or do something else on the laptop, music stutters badly on my (remote) speakers, even stops for several seconds. As soon as I shut SWYH down, the CPU load goes back to 10%.

Same here, and I noticed that the device I use as a media renderer (Roberts Stream 83i) also shows a “buffer bar”, which demonstrates that the audio buffer is constantly underrun.

Anyone from the dev team reading this?