How to Download Lossless ALAC from Apple Music

Downloading ALAC lossless audio from Apple Music is pretty simple today. But so far, some still have a few confusion when trying to make Apple Music Lossless Settings or download iTunes ALAC files to the computer. Fret not, here on this page you’ll get the best answer.

Part 1. Apple Music Lossless Settings for iPhone or iPad

Step 1 Go to “Setting > Music > Audio Quality” on your iOS mobile device.

Step 2 On the top of the new window, toggle on the “Lossless Audio” option.

Step 3 Below you can change different audio quality when using mobile data, Wi-Fi, or downloading. Click one of them and choose “Lossless” as needed.

Part 2. Apple Music Lossless settings for Mac Computer:

Step 1 Launch the Apple Music on your Mac, and directly go to “Music > Preference > Playback”.

Step 2 Tick on the option the “Lossless audio” box, then choose “High-Resolution Lossless” on the Streaming and Download option.

Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music to Lossless ALAC
Tool Required: NoteBurner Apple Music Lossless Downloader

• Convert Apple Music files to MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC/AIFF/ALAC;
  • Convert iTunes audio at 10X faster speed with lossless quality;
  • Keep ID3 Tags information after conversion;
  • Easy-to-use with an intuitive and streamlined user interface;
  • Enjoy free updates & technical support.

Tutorial: Use NoteBurner to Export Lossless ALAC from Apple Music

Step 1 Add Apple Music ALAC Songs

Step 2 Choose Output Format as ALAC

Step 3 Convert Apple Music to ALAC

Step 4 Find the Offline Apple Music ALAC Files

Extra Tips: What Devices Support Apple Music Lossless

Supported: Apple Music Lossless audio can be listened to on Mac, Apple TV, iPhone, iPod, and HomePod. Learn more details on playing lossless ALAC quality on different Apple devices.

Unsupported: AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or AirPods, and other wireless Bluetooth cannot support lossless ALAC audio. They only ensure the AAC codec quality.

3 Likes

Cool.
Thanks for sharing.
I used AudFree Apple Music Downloader to download Lossless ALAC from Apple Music to mp3, flac, wav, etc. with high audio quality. Work perfectly too without any hassle. ;D
Very simple to use and intuitive!

1 Like

Okay. Glad to know how to keep music quality from Apple Music. I also know another tool you can convert songs from Apple Music for offline playback. Try the DRmare Apple Music Downloader. Add songs to it and you can make the songs downloaded.

1 Like

TuneCable Apple Music Converter downloads DRM-Free ALAC songs from Apple Music with the authentic audio quality perfectly preserved. It particularly specializes in ripping Apple audios including songs, albums, playlists, podcasts, iTunes downloads, and audible audiobooks to a local Windows PC or Mac in unencrypted MP3/AAC/WAV/AIFF/ALAC/FLAC formats.

Things get easier after removing the restraints imposed on Apple Music tracks. You can:

1. Never lose the Apple songs even if you choose to be unsubscribed to Apple Music.
  2. Unlimitedly play the ALAC songs when there is no network connection.
  3. Easily transfer the ALAC Apple songs to a series of portable devices.
  4. Import the Apple songs to ALAC-supported programs for editing or creating.
  5. Share your favorite Apple Music playlists with your friends who are not subscribed to Apple Music yet.

To play Apple Music on MP3 player, I use the TunesBank Apple Music Converter to help me. It is a nice tool that can convert Apple Music to MP3/M4A/FLAC/WAV with original quality. Then I can save Apple Music files as local files and put them on MP3 player for playing with ease.
Step 1. Download and install UkeySoft Apple Music Converter from the official website.
Step 2. Log in to your Apple ID in the program and set MP3 as output format.
Step 3. Search for the music you want to convert to MP3 format.
Step 4. Click on the convert button to start the downloading process.
Step 5. Choose the MP3 format and desired audio quality.
Wait for the conversion to complete.
The converted music will be saved on your local drive in the folder of your choice, then you’re able to transfer Apple songs to MP3 player.

It’s important to note that the availability of Apple Music Lossless functionality and lossless file download options may vary depending on your region and Apple Music subscription. I recommend that you consult Apple’s official resources for the latest and most accurate information on the features available in your country. Don’t forget that MusConv.com improve your music playlist.

You guys also can take AudFree Apple Music File Converter. It is the most convenient converter I use. Although it doesn’t support ALAC output formats, the lossless FLAC and frequency-used MP3 are provided.