Cannot start SWYH

Hi,

I have downloaded SWYH to my Win 7 laptop, but I cannot get it to sun!! When I try to right-click the icon it vanishes…HELP (;-})

in eventlog (win8) i first get a .net error:

Application: SWYH.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Stack:

at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32)

at SWYH.App+<>c__DisplayClass19.<RendererAddedSink>b__18()

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at SWYH.App.Main()

and then an app error:

Faulting application name: SWYH.exe, version: 1.3.12342.2, time stamp: 0x50c1fd1a

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988950

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00014b32

Faulting process id: 0xd5c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce73e8699f968b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Stream What You Hear\SWYH.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: a99dfa84-dfdb-11e2-be7e-d027886b26d4

Faulting package full name:

Exactly the same here (Windows 8).

Such a promising software…too bad! :confused:

Cheers

That should read “cannot get it to run!!!”

Hi,

I have the same error:

Parametername: format
Detail: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Invalid number of channels
Parametername: format

Now an solution available?

And no support or even mail response from developer… What a shame.

Hi, I have exactly the same Array out of bounds error. The strange thing is that I managed to run Stream What You Hear once (for some hours), but after rebooting Windows 8, it won’t start again and just gives that exception.

Strange!

Friso

…and even stranger: after about an hour, the application will start as normal. The only thing I can imagine that has impacted this is me turning on and off an OpenVPN connection what caused an IP-change. Could that have any impact on the Array-index exception listed above?

–Friso

Same problem here (windows 7): so far I have not been able to start SWYH without the icon disappearing immediately…

Try Jamcast. It’s not free but at least it works and the developers seem to be actively supporting it.

Solution:

http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/forums/topic/now-can-start-styw/

Looks like SWYH can’t stream anything higher than 16bits @48000hz.

After changing my audio quality this service works perfectly, exactly what I was after. (I now have itunes streaming to my WDTV Live, and can control tracks with the itunes remote smartphone app).

that didnt help me unfortuantely

Haricot:Seeing Mt. Fuji is truly a humbling and monvig experience. Let me know if you’re going to Japan in the future, lots to share!Yes, the header photo was taken at the Experimental Farm! Your eyes are sharp! The weather has been flip-flopping lately. When I dropped by conf park, the ice sculptures were closed. what a bumper. :o) Enjoy the canal while it lasts!

Learning a ton from these neat arectlis.

hey, i don’t know if this helps, but I have fixed this same problem for me. what i did is set my “speaker configuration” to Stereo, instead of 5.1 or 7.1 or whatever you have.

you see, i’m using Realtek HD Audio Manager to configure my 5.1 desktop speakers. whenever I run SWYH, i switch my speaker config to “Stereo” and it works.

Hi,

I’d like to confirm that changing the speaker setup to 2/2.1 fixes this issue on Creative X-FI.